Since my last update, I’ve been actively working on building the 3D environment and assets of A Day with George. Everything has been going pretty smooth; I haven’t ran into problems I couldn’t solve, so everything is going as planned!
Here are some of the other interior assets I built:
I added onto the house with a small porch, a door, and window trim. I raised the height of the entrance area to follow my original concept. I extruded the base of the house walls to enter into the ground because I knew my landscaping was not going to be flat. I also deleted the unnecessary polys on the walls that were never going to be seen.
As I was almost finished building the house, I sketched out what the garden outside would look like. The left side of the house is never seen on the animation, so it didn’t concern me what was going to be there.
I sketched out a few plant assets and trees I would build for the garden. I thought about what would work as 3D planes, poly-count, etc. And because the visuals of my animation are more cartoon-like vs, realistic, I decided to exaggerate the trees in their odd shape. I thought it fit pretty well.
I’ll be showing the garden models in my next update. So until next time!